Vergenix™ FG Recombinant human collagen for optimal wound management
Vergenix™ Flowable Gel (FG) is an innovative bio-degradable wound care device that provides a scaffold for cellular proliferation and capillary growth. It is comprised of a recombinant type I human collagen derived from bioengineered tobacco plants and demonstrates a profile resembling that of the native human collagen.
Vergenix™FG is made of type I recombinant human collagen (rhCollagen) and hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose (HPMC).
Vergenix™FG is supplied as a lyophilized material contained in a syringe that, when hydrated with saline, forms a gel.
Vergenix™FG is indicated for the management of acute and chronic wounds, including:
- Full thickness and partial thickness wounds
- Pressure ulcers
- Venous ulcers
- Ulcers caused by mixed vascular etiologies
- Diabetic ulcers
- Second degree burns
- Donor sites and other surface bleeding wounds
- Trauma wounds healing by secondary intention
- Surgical wounds
- Deep and tunneled/undermined wounds.